Everyone is guilty about getting excited by new enquiries to the office, from social networks, email, landing pages, google ads, but this is only the beginning. You’re so far from a sale at this stage.
They will be talking to competition, probably 2 others. They will have past bad experience with similar products. They will not fully understand what your product or service is. Any many other obstacles to go through.
This is why following up is so important. Yet stats state that 48% don’t even follow up. This will be down to not being trained correctly, or they are struggling to have anything to say on a follow up to keep the prospect excited or engaged.
Below are a couple of tips to a follow up.
- Enquiry, Cold call, Lead, Free trial etc.
- Follow up with an email or text straight after call. I mean straight after. This is just a quick thank you for there time and that you will have their requested information over shortly.
- Then follow up with proposal, quote, appointment time, free trial or literature – at speed
- Follow up next day to make sure they have everything they need. Check you haven’t missed anything.
- Use a CRM to create more follow up tasks (you will forget!)
Be creative with a reason to call or email, something that isn’t to do with him/her buying. Make some follow ups calls that aren’t about the sale.
6. Keep following up, be unrealistic, they will probably think you are insane.
We can’t tell them when to buy, so you need to be in their mind when they decide to buy.
REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU THINK ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH FOLLOWING UP.
- 2% of sales are made on 1st contact
- 3% of sales are made on 2nd contact
- 5% of sales are made on 3rd contact
- 10% of sales are made on 4th contact
- 80% of sales are made on 5th – 12th contact
Believe in your product or service, create rapport and trust in you and your company.